Do You Want Guaranteed Football Winners by the World's Top Betting Experts?

Enjoy $60 of Premium Picks - Free! (No Credit Card, No Hassle)

Virginia Tech Hokies at Boston College Eagles 10/07/17: College Football Week 6 Picks

The Virginia Tech Hokies will be facing off the Boston College Eagles this Saturday at the Alumni Stadium – Boston College in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts with kickoff at 7:15 PM EST. The lines opened with a posted total of 45 which has since climbed to 46.5 and a 14.5 point spread for the Hokies to cover and has since climbed to a 16.5 point spread with 71% of the bettors for Virginia Tech and the remaining 29% for Boston College.

Need Winners Against the Spread? Get $60 in FREE member football picks from Doc’s Sports Service, one of the most trusted names in handicapping! No salesmen and no obligations! Click Here.

The Hokies are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a loss, 7-2 in their last 9 games overall, and 2-7 in their last 9 road games against a team with a losing home record. Their O/U is 3-13 in their last 16 October games, 4-0 in their last 4 games following a double-digit loss at home, and 3-7 in their last 10 games on the road. Boston College on the other hand are standing at 4-10-2 ATS in their last 16 games at home and 3-9-1 in their last 13 conference games. Their O/U is 4-12 in their last 16 games at home, 5-1 in their last 6 games at home against a team with a winning road record, and 16-36-2 in their last 54 conference games. The two teams also share an O/U of 4-1-1 in their last 6 meetings with each other.

The Hokies got their first loss of the season against Clemson last week (31-17) which puts them 4-1 overall, 0-1 in conference games. Jackson threw for 251 yards on 29/44 attempts for a touchdown and 2 interceptions while Coleman Fox led the team in rushing for 39 yards on 5 carries. Boston College finally got their 2nd win of the season and are now 2-3 overall, 0-2 in conference games. In their 28-8 victory over Central Michigan, Anthony Brown connected on 14 of 21 attempts for merely 85 yards and a touchdown while AJ Dillon rushed 120 yards on 25 carries for a touchdown. It was Jon Hilliman who secured the win for them with 2 short runs for touchdowns and 1 short pass for another.

Our Prediction: The 31-17 defeat the Hokies suffered last week was more or less an expected outcome against Clemson; their defense overall isn’t the best but it is still better Boston College’s. It’s a similar story when you compare both teams’ offense with an even bigger margin against the Eagles so I’m going to put my money on Virginia Tech to win and cover the spread.

Advertisement

Doc's $60 of Picks Free